We are so fortunate to have our own neighborhood palace within a 30 minute walk from our home in Wiesbaden. This is the Biebrich Schloss or Palace and its construction began in 1688, when Count Georg August Samuel of Nassau-Idstein, apparently wanted a bit grander chateau overlooking the Rhine than his other palace in Idstein. It was completed in 1702 and Prince Karl von Nassau-Usingen took over in 1734 ,and expanded it. Unfortunately, it was heavily damaged by bombing in WW II, but since has been restored and now belongs to the state government of Hesse. In any case, it’s a wonderful place to enjoy a cappuccino on a crisp winter Sunday morning. The view overlooking the river traffic on the Rhine is beautiful.